Friday 24 May 2013

What the hipster

What is going on with all this hipster hate, or hate of any people for that matter.  The only people that I hate are those who are cruel to animals.  But that's a whole other issue.  Back to the humble hipster, I don't understand why they face so much scrutiny and negativity.  Seriously, these people are the bomb.  Here's why:

Firstly and most obvious, the way they dress.  Its warm and friken awesome.  These people pile on layer after layer of clashing prints and some how look amazing.  Any oversized beanie and boot is a statement and most of the chicks rock no make up and bed hair.  They always look so comfy with there tiny tops, cute tights and ridiculously large jackets.  They seem to embrace the fashion for the present and the past with faux fur, Ray Bans and socks with frills (cute as).  Today I saw a boy in a tie-dye shirt and bow tie, what's not to love, he was charming and stood out.  Is that why they are hated?  They aren't afraid to stand out?  To wear their nannas knits and mums kicks?  I love it.  They shop at high fashion stores and salvos, this brings me to point number two.

Hipsters shop at charity stores and make it cool, which is rad.  It promotes aid, recycling and no longer enforces the negative thought idea that people, kids in particular, need money and brands to look good.  You don't, and any "group" who supports charity regardless of the means is just swell.  They are savers at Savers haha...lame.

Thirdly they know where the best coffee shops, markets and gigs are.  Despite their, I'll admit it. uninterested expression I often find people how fit this demographic are in the know, they read, keep up with current affairs and are super social.  Always out drinking, talking and just living.  Ding, ding ding, what are the negatives?  Maybe people are intermediated by this newish strain of carefree kids, and have nightmares of a time when hippies ran free.  But hey I loved that generation too, maybe its me and my positivity.  I think they are rad and I wish I could pull off rimmed glasses, faux fur, florals and boots while sipping on a soy macchiato (yay no cow cruelty).  And on that note I have never seen an overweight hipster, maybe they should be seen as roll models not try hards, just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment